When to send an update email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pete27

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, my third LoR (non-PM&R) finally got uploaded to ERAS. Should I send an email to all the programs that I have applied to letting them know that my third LoR is available? or do they automatically download it and add it to the file? I know programs can set parameters etc to let them know when a file is complete...my greatest fear is that my file gets lost or forgotten about because it was considered incomplete before.

Thank you for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed - you don't need to send an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
didnt want to start a new thread, BUT my step 2 CK score just came in...should i send programs that i applied to an e-mail stating my CK score and letting them know that an updated USMLE transcript is available. i initially elected the option not to automatically transmit scores when i filled out ERAS. i know before everyone said not to send an update e-mail, but should I for step 2 CK scores? thanks

Don’t need to email every program.

If you like your step 2 score, you can log on to MyERAS, go to the Documents section, and retransmit your USMLE transcript. This authorizes NBME to send your updated scores to all of your designated programs. They'll see the new scores the next time they log on.