When to send follow up email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scorpicorne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
M4 here, in this current ERAS cycle. Received invite from Institute of Living in Hartford on 9/22. They don't use ERAS scheduling and had asked me to send an email to the coordinator. I did that 9/22, but have yet to hear a reply. When is it appropriate to follow up with the coordinator regarding interview day?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually they also offer for you to call the person - I would do that, because others are doing it and are getting preferred interview dates while you wait on an email...I know people are loathe to use a phone today, but sometimes it is the smart thing to do.

Reactions: 1 user
Usually they also offer for you to call the person - I would do that, because others are doing it and are getting preferred interview dates while you wait on an email...I know people are loathe to use a phone today, but sometimes it is the smart thing to do.

Thanks for your input. Even if in the invite email they list email as the preferred way of communication?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your input. Even if in the invite email they list email as the preferred way of communication?

Yes. Just be pleasant/polite over the phone.

Reactions: 1 user
the coordinator might also be trying to get you a specific interviewer depending on your interests, so maybe they are waiting for that person to get back to them. either way, calling is a good idea after 48 hours!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you all for the responses. I called and got my first confirmed interview :)

Reactions: 3 users