When to send official DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jongho Yoon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my application and was wondering if I should send my official DAT scores right now to all the dschools I selected on the AADSAS.

I know some schools would just throw the score report away and will ask for another report to be sent. So I am wondering when I should send it.

Also, there is no need to send DAT score report to AADSAS, right?

On the AADSAS, some schools do not mention anything about sending offcial DAT scores. Are they assuming that I send it to them?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Go ahead and send in your score report...why would schools just throw away your scores? If they receive your DAT scores prior to your application, they will hold on to them and match them to your AADSAS application once they receive it. And no, you don't have to send a score report to AADSAS.

If they receive your DAT scores prior to your application, they will hold on to them and match them to your AADSAS application once they receive it.

Are you sure about this? Because I have read couple posts before saying that some schools will require another report to be sent if it is received before the application.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=605278

I'm not sure if this thread is just talking about first 5 reports we choose when we register for DAT or not

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm a reapplicant and I submitted my DAT scores back in 2008 and the majority of schools still have my DAT scores from 2008 so there was no need for me to request the ADA to send the scores again. I even called several schools to verify my scores were still in their systems, and they were. So even though I did not have a 2009 application submitted at the time, they still had my previous scores and said they would match them with my application once they got in. Plus, it takes the ADA a few weeks to send schools your scores (not sure about the whole electronic process now though), so by that time your AADSAS app may have already been sent electronically, thus allowing the schools to match your scores right away to your app. But if you really want to know, just call the schools directly and ask them. It only takes a one minute phone call.

Well I'm a reapplicant and I submitted my DAT scores back in 2008 and the majority of schools still have my DAT scores from 2008 so there was no need for me to request the ADA to send the scores again. I even called several schools to verify my scores were still in their systems, and they were. So even though I did not have a 2009 application submitted at the time, they still had my previous scores and said they would match them with my application once they got in. Plus, it takes the ADA a few weeks to send schools your scores (not sure about the whole electronic process now though), so by that time your AADSAS app may have already been sent electronically, thus allowing the schools to match your scores right away to your app. But if you really want to know, just call the schools directly and ask them. It only takes a one minute phone call.

thanks for the explanation!!!