When to send transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam26880

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be applying for Fall 2008. I want to finish my app on May 15th. But 2 of the pre-reqs i'm taking won't end until may 25th. When should I send my transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

just send it when your classes are done..you'll be fine...the first batch of applications this cycle were sent on june 30...so you'll still have over a month from the time you send your transcripts for your gpa to get verified...good luck! :thumbup:

edit: but if you do want to submit may 15 you can...dental schools don't require all your pre-req grades to be in by the time you apply...and then whenever you get your grades you can just update your AADSAS and the schools you applied to will get your updates

Just send it once you finish your classes. I sent mine in on May 23 and they finished processing the GPAs about 3 weeks later- Most schools had my application in hand by late July.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a similar question... I have an extracurricular thing that I want to add to my application, but I wouldn't have completed it until mid-July... should I just submit my application earlier and then submit more information on my extracurriculars later? How does that work...? :confused:

I have a similar question... I have an extracurricular thing that I want to add to my application, but I wouldn't have completed it until mid-July... should I just submit my application earlier and then submit more information on my extracurriculars later? How does that work...? :confused:

i submitted my application right before i started summer research..but i still included it in the app...there is a place for you to put the dates, so they will know you haven't completed it yet..but i would try to put as much info as you can and go ahead and include it...i dont think you can update your EC activities once you submitted...just DAT scores and maybe personal info like address i think..

You should include it and submit the application; you would just put the start date and no end date (that indicates that you're still working on it)