When to start AAMC material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My test is on April 28th and when should I start doing those AAMC Qpacks and the FLs? I was going to buy the AAMC bundle soon. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you done with content review? (Kaplan, EK, TPR, Berk, TS, etc)?

If so, then start with AAMC. Start with the q-packs/flashcards first, then move to CARS, then to SBs. Then take the sample, OG, scored... see where you're at.

That process should get you to middle of April, then you can hone your skills, take exam, drink :)

I am almost done with my content review and I should be done by February 1st. Should I do the other FLs first (like NS) and then get AAMC material or can I do them together?

You can do them together but make sure you really understand why you are getting answers wrong from anything and focus exclusively on the AAMC stuff the month beforehand.

That said, do not misinterpret that to mean, don't do ANY AAMC stuff until the month before, that's not what I'm saying. Just mix them up now and focus on AAMC last month only.

For instance, I might do AAMC flashcards now with Kaplan FL, then Kaplan FL with q-packs, then Kaplan FL with review from flashcards or q-packs; then I'd move onto the AAMC CARS q-packs and Kaplan FL, then to AAMC SBs, AAMC sample AAMC AAMC AAMC.... then do the SBs over again (if you time them right you could put a month or so between doing them twice... trust me, it won't be time wasted)

I would recommend doing the QPacks early on to get a sense of how your studying is going and whether you're learning the content. I would do one of the FLs (Sample FL or the Official Guide one) after content review to get a good sense of where you are and so that you can fine-tune your studying at that point. The Section Bank you should start as well after you do the content review - you don't have to go through all of them before checking. Doing a passage at a time is fine, as long as you're simulating the time constraints with each individual passage as well.