Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I've come across several questions in Qbanks regarding timing of abx before surgical procedures. The question stem will describe a scenario where a patient is about to undergo some sort of intra-abdominal procedure (GU manipulation, appendectomy, etc). Then the question will ask about the appropriate timing of antibiotics - preop and postop (ie 24 hr before procedure and 24 hr post procedure, 1 hr before procedure, etc). I could not find literature on ACOS/FACS regarding this matter. Any input?
I've come across several questions in Qbanks regarding timing of abx before surgical procedures. The question stem will describe a scenario where a patient is about to undergo some sort of intra-abdominal procedure (GU manipulation, appendectomy, etc). Then the question will ask about the appropriate timing of antibiotics - preop and postop (ie 24 hr before procedure and 24 hr post procedure, 1 hr before procedure, etc). I could not find literature on ACOS/FACS regarding this matter. Any input?