When to start applications

Started by SM212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SM212

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So.... I just got MCAT scores back last week. When should I really be starting to sit down and put together essays/apps?

I've already let people know that I will need rec letters from them but other than that I haven't started any app stuff yet..

Thanks!
 
So.... I just got MCAT scores back last week. When should I really be starting to sit down and put together essays/apps?

I've already let people know that I will need rec letters from them but other than that I haven't started any app stuff yet..

Thanks!

Well the AMCAS deadline was Oct. 15. If you have that in then do secondaries as soon as possible if you think you will be competitive. Otherwise, wait until next year.
 
I guess it's safe to say you can never start too early right? 🙂

Start now to at least put together your game plan. Check when (and if) your school offers a pre-professional committee letter and sign up for that. Ummm, also you can start up some ideas for your personal statement. Gather together your list of schools you may consider applying to and check past threads about what their secondary essays might look like. Start/continue saving up some money. Good luck :luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad