When to start ec's

Started by Vince411
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vince411

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, if I plan to take 4 years to complete my pre-reqs, and plan to work full-time the first 2 years, when would be a good time to start doing EC's like clinical volunteering? I plan to volunteer at a hospice and tutoring kids in school. I was also thinking of perhaps getting a CNA license and doing that a couple days per week. In other words, how many hours of clinical volunteering should I have?
 
Start now. Non-trads have some flexibility regarding hours logged, but if you are going to take the entire 4 years, 1 day a week will give more than enough hours.