When to start getting worried about no interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaGhost

Reaction score
I submitted secondaries early in July and I haven't heard back from anywhere (besides 1 rejection). When should I start getting worried?

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete in late July/early August and didn't get a MSTP interview until early September. I ended up with 10 II's. Not sure how well this translates, but hopefully it gives you some comfort!

Reactions: 1 users
No IIs by Thanksgiving? Start worrying is the saying for MD.

MD/PhD is a longer cycle overall, so probably no IIs by Christmas and you should be worried.

Reactions: 1 user
Christmas would be too late to make changes such as adding more schools. The majority of MSTP deadlines for primary application are about October 15 or November 1. If you do not get at least 3-4 invitations to interview by October 1, you should consider adding more schools, and contacting every school who has not rejected you with an update/interest email. To be comfortable that things will work, you need to aim for 8-12 interviews. That should give you 2-6 acceptances.

Reactions: 4 users