When to start looking for housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IonClaws

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

As the title states, when should I start looking for housing where I'll do my residency?

Too early now? When did you start looking?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone -

As the title states, when should I start looking for housing where I'll do my residency?

Too early now? When did you start looking?
Depends on the real estate market and what your looking for. I did residency in NE and located and secured a rental house in april for June.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm moving for fellowship, and my classmate is going out week after next to look, and I'm going at the end of the month. One of our other classmates went out a couple weeks ago and bought a house. So nowish.

Depends on the area and what you are getting. If you're buying, definitely start now. If you're going to a ridiculously competitive rental market (i.e. NYC) look now. If you're renting in a smaller area with a wide open rental market, some places won't secure you a place until within 30-60 days of starting the lease and will just ask you to come back later to see what's available.

Reactions: 1 user