When to start Qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucid_Dialectic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there already take the USMLE and have any advice on when to start the Qbank questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on how long you are giving to studying for the USMLE. Basically, I would start using QBank from day 1 of your study plan.

I'm gonna say start using it exactly one month before you take step 1, unless you splurge for the 3 month subscription. I wouldn't recommend the latter, I know a bunch of people who paid more for the 3 or even 6 month subscriptions thinking they'd use it long ahead of time only to realize that doing Q-bank while finishing your 2nd year classes sucks. Practically nobody used it to any significant degree ahead of time.

I used Qbank to study for exams during the school year, so you could try this if you think it will help.

I started it in the end of Feb. It has really helped me out alot and I have been watching my scores steadily rise. My school bought everyone in our class the USMLE Qbank as well as COMLEX qbank, so i didnt have to worry about cost. It has helped me prepare for the 200 question comprehensive exam i took today covering 2 years worth of preclinical classes.