When to start taking practice exams?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when you guys begin taking practice exams (topscore/achiever). I don't want to start taking them right when I start to study because it would seem like a waste because I might get questions that I havent really covered yet, but I don't want to wait so long that I end up having to do them too quickly, so, I was curious how you guys spaced out your exams. Did you do one every week and review the following days? or did you do one every other day?

I figure I will do the one on the ADA site first just to get the timing down because I have heard that it is the easiest but I when I should take it. Should I wait until I have done all of my material review?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Are there any other good full length exams other than topscore/achiever that are worth buying?

Members don't see this ad.

Well if you have many take one soon....then more with once a week...then keep one for day before test

I was wondering when you guys begin taking practice exams (topscore/achiever). I don't want to start taking them right when I start to study because it would seem like a waste because I might get questions that I havent really covered yet, but I don't want to wait so long that I end up having to do them too quickly, so, I was curious how you guys spaced out your exams. Did you do one every week and review the following days? or did you do one every other day?

I figure I will do the one on the ADA site first just to get the timing down because I have heard that it is the easiest but I when I should take it. Should I wait until I have done all of my material review?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Are there any other good full length exams other than topscore/achiever that are worth buying?
This is how I did it:
-I started with reading through the entire KAPLAN BB.
-Then I started doing KAPLAN's online workshops and quizzes.
-Next, I started doing 1 full length exam per week. After taking the exam, I wrote down the topics I missed and I reviewed them during the week, before taking the 2nd exam.
-Finally, over the course of last three weeks I moved on to Top Score and Achiever.

Some people tend to keep all their full length exams for the end. Personally, I don't think that's a good strategy, because the full length exams are there for you to test your knowledge and tweak the focus of your studying accordingly.

What full length exams did you do before topscore and achiever? Were they the online Kaplan ones? Is there a way to get those without paying for the course?

Members don't see this ad :)
What full length exams did you do before topscore and achiever? Were they the online Kaplan ones? Is there a way to get those without paying for the course?
I believe if you purchase the book, there's a CD that contains the full length exams. Also, I think you have the option of signing up for the online material without the need to enroll in their prep course. You might wanna call KAPLAN and find out for yourself.

i studied about 2 months. i did the kaplan diagnostic first, then about a month later i took the kaplan midterm. about 2 weeks before my test date, i took a full-length test every other day. the days i wasn't taking a test, i was reviewing the test i took the previous day.