When To Start The Amcas Application Process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kobugiman

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i plan on applying to various smp programs in the upcoming year for the school year of 07-08. Is it realistic to submit my amcas the summer of 2007? i'm not sure how the process will work since the med schools will not see the grades that i receive at the smp schools.

if you've gone through the smp process and applying to med schools, please advise!

Members don't see this ad.

i plan on applying to various smp programs in the upcoming year for the school year of 07-08. Is it realistic to submit my amcas the summer of 2007? i'm not sure how the process will work since the med schools will not see the grades that i receive at the smp schools.

if you've gone through the smp process and applying to med schools, please advise!

It should be the same way as applying from undergrad or graduate school. SMP's are in effect, a graduate program. If grades are not complete when you click submit on AMCAS, then you must submit those grades as in progress or whatever. Since you would not have started your SMP yet, then the most you can do is state in your personal statement that you will be attending an SMP in the fall. Some med schools will not ask for supplemental material beyond the letters of recs when you receive your secondaries. Therefore there may be no way to update them on the progress of your SMP.

So IMO, its probably not realistic.