When to start thinking about re-applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgrl2984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my 3rd time applying. I have taken DAT 3 times and have improved. I have worked as an ortho asst for 6 years full time, lots of dental experience, and some non dental stuff. I applied in July this year to 11 schools and interviewed at 3 of them pre-dec. Dec 2nd came and went for me, I was heartbroken. Waitlisted at all 3. I called the schools and they all said my interview went well. I am not sure if I will be pulled off any of them, so should I think about applying a 4th time? The thing is I will have the same GPA/DAT score as this cycle. I am 29 years old, I would have to pay out of pocket to take more classes which Im broke from applying. Dont know if its over for me or continue on for a 4th time. I will be using my tax money to apply if I need to. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Keep the faith! You'll get in! Its only December... and the January deadline for deposits is very near!... which is great news because lots of seats will open up! So just be patient. In April/May and no answer then you can think about preparing your application for next cycle. If your application has been denied anywhere now you could contact them so you have an idea of things that should be ready for when AADSAS opens in June. But, I will say it again.. 3 waitlists is good and you're just a step away from acceptance! You will get in! Keep your head up! Happy Holidays & enjoy!

Before you jump into the pool, sight unseen, shouldn't you wait, and if you do not get an acceptance, ask the schools where you were waitlisted for advice?