When to start worrying??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asne0407

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I think I am officially going crazy!! I submitted my application in the second batch to 13 schools. So far MWU-AZ and ASDOH are the two schools out of the 13 that have started handing out invites according to SDN. I haven't received anything...should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to worry until after December 1st and I truly mean that.

Does it matter if people who are later batches have received interviews and you haven't?

Members don't see this ad :)
When grey/gray hairs start fallin' out.

Does it matter if people who are later batches have received interviews and you haven't?

have you been using the adea official guide to dental schools?

i would probably ask you to consult the book to remind yourself last cycle ASDOH conducted almost 400 interviews; MWUAZ almost 500.

then i would ask you to ask yourself if it even approaches rationality for you to wig out based on the, what, maybe one dozen sdn reported interview invites to each school.

as gator bro pointed out above, there is a whole lot of time before the first round of acceptance offers go out. distract yourself a bit. origami some dollar bills or drink a beer while the weather is still warm.

Thank you so much for your guys' facts and advice they have eased my mind for the time being.:)

So I think I am officially going crazy!! I submitted my application in the second batch to 13 schools. So far MWU-AZ and ASDOH are the two schools out of the 13 that have started handing out invites according to SDN. I haven't received anything...should I be concerned?

Oh my god I am right there with you. I'm so nervous and stressed out all the time. I applied to 21 schools, already rejected from Nova, and see people on sdn getting invites to some schools to which I applied but haven't heard back from. I try to be rational and tell myself its still early in the cycle, but of course it's hard to calm down lol.

I think we both just need to distract ourseles and get the eff off sdn for a while. I'm sue we'll both get interviews eventually.

My classmates last year didn't get interviews until after December, and didn't get accepted until march and april. They're both at ucsf now. Everyone's timeline is a bit different.

Ya its a stressful time...I just want one interview because I feel like once I get one I can calm down a little bit. It is so hard to stay calm at this time, sometimes I wish I never found this site!! But at the same time I can't stay off of it!:eek:

Ya its a stressful time...I just want one interview because I feel like once I get one I can calm down a little bit. It is so hard to stay calm at this time, sometimes I wish I never found this site!! But at the same time I can't stay off of it!:eek:

I feel ya. But if you look at last year's thread, it is still very early in the game. Just wait patiently and try to get off this site.

Dude, it's August 3. Don't worry......yet. My first interview invite was september 12. People I know got interviews in November and got in. Personally, I feel like the date of an interview is not that important. An interview invite is all you need.

Oh my god I am right there with you. I'm so nervous and stressed out all the time. I applied to 21 schools, already rejected from Nova, and see people on sdn getting invites to some schools to which I applied but haven't heard back from. I try to be rational and tell myself its still early in the cycle, but of course it's hard to calm down lol.

I think we both just need to distract ourseles and get the eff off sdn for a while. I'm sue we'll both get interviews eventually.

My classmates last year didn't get interviews until after December, and didn't get accepted until march and april. They're both at ucsf now. Everyone's timeline is a bit different.
I second this especially with Nova...they pass out rejection letters like flyers at walmart.

Reactions: 1 user