When to stop drinking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikemed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Clearly the correct answer is never. Anyway, I tried searching through the forum and couldnt really find too much about how far from the test date one should stop drinking. It'd be sweet if someone could cite some papers about the topic. I'm thinking 4 weeks. Too much? not enough?

Members don't see this ad.

hahaha this is an awesome question... But yeah I'd say stop as early as you can, it's not really something you wanna be doing while you're studying...

Clearly the correct answer is never. Anyway, I tried searching through the forum and couldnt really find too much about how far from the test date one should stop drinking. It'd be sweet if someone could cite some papers about the topic. I'm thinking 4 weeks. Too much? not enough?

Actually, the answer is: when you're not thirsty anymore :cool:

On a more serious note, 4 weeks is generally what a lot of people have told me, though I know some friends who definitely broke that rule. IMO, you know your own limits the better than anyone else and can hopefully gauge from prior experience whether your drinking habits cut into your ability to retain info, focus, whatever. If anything, the worry of "well, if I give in now, will it hurt later/will I feel bad about it later" might become a potentially nagging thought. I'd say go for 4 weeks if you can, and reward yourself for it post test-day.

Members don't see this ad :)
My penis is crooked.

It must be your erectile tissue. Im sure you are still able to undergo the three steps of 1) arousal 2) orgasm 3) resolution.

If not you should see a doctor. You wouldn't want your vas defrens to get all clogged up now!

Are you talking about stopping going to parties and drinking in excess, or when to stop having any alcohol at all? If it's the former, sure, 4 weeks is a reasonable guess to keep up your studies. If it's the latter...probably don't have anything the night before the test. It just depends on you though.