When to submit AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MustyElbow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my whole app complete, except I'm retaking the MCAT July 7. I have my current score in there right now. Should I wait to submit until my new MCAT comes back or should I submit now? I don't want to be screwed out of secondaries because of my current MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my whole app complete, except I'm retaking the MCAT July 7. I have my current score in there right now. Should I wait to submit until my new MCAT comes back or should I submit now? I don't want to be screwed out of secondaries because of my current MCAT.

I would say submit to one school so your application gets verified. If you are a competitive applicant I would start working on secondaries (essays) for the schools you are most interested in so you have them ready to submit when you get your score back.

I would say submit to one school so your application gets verified. If you are a competitive applicant I would start working on secondaries (essays) for the schools you are most interested in so you have them ready to submit when you get your score back.

So will schools see when I update my MCAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)

where/how do we find the secondary essays for the schools before we submit our application/s?

So will schools see when I update my MCAT score?[/

Yes schools will see your updated score. They will always see your previous score regardless.

where/how do we find the secondary essays for the schools before we submit our application/s?

Schools usually use the same essays. However, you can double check in July as people will post the prompts here on student doctor for that specific school. Just go to the thread of the school of interest and you should find it there.

Reactions: 1 user
You can submit your application a few days after your MCAT (in case you want to review it more). By the time, your score comes back, your primary application will be verified. In the meantime, write the secondary essays too. You can google the secondary questions.

They will not send you secondaries until they get your second MCAT score. So don't worry about your first score affecting it.

You can submit your application a few days after your MCAT (in case you want to review it more). By the time, your score comes back, your primary application will be verified. In the meantime, write the secondary essays too. You can google the secondary questions.

They will not send you secondaries until they get your second MCAT score. So don't worry about your first score affecting it.

Okay awesome! One more question.. How do they know I’m taking it again and waiting for my second score?

There is an option on the application to add future MCAT dates.