when to submit application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ophtho4321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone -

when are you all planning on submitting your CAS to SF match? Do most people wait until the target date or submit much earlier (ie early August)?

Members don't see this ad.

SF match sends the application in batches. Its to your advantage to be included in the first batch. The earlier the better. Last year the first batch went out mid-august.

Members don't see this ad :)
SF match sends the application in batches. Its to your advantage to be included in the first batch. The earlier the better. Last year the first batch went out mid-august.

I have some letter writers that won't have their letters to me until next week at the earliest. How disadvantaged will I be if I can't mail it until August 10th or so? That's still three weeks from the earliest Sep 1 deadlines.

August 10th is fine. Each person I spoke to at SFmatch had a different story on how and when applications were processed. Bottom line is that if you send your application in by August 10th, you will meet the deadline for every program to which you apply.

August 10th is fine. Each person I spoke to at SFmatch had a different story on how and when applications were processed. Bottom line is that if you send your application in by August 10th, you will meet the deadline for every program to which you apply.

No reason for speculation here. I called last year and spoke to the SF match manager (Damien Joseph) who runs the show. He's available for questions, just call the general number and ask to speak with him. Also, he can "undo" a completed / locked application if you make a mistake or need to make a change. Very helpful to know.

If you have the app complete by aug 10 it will go out in the first batch, unless they moved the date up this year.