When to submit pharmcas application

Started by tifferzzz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tifferzzz

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys!

Just wondering when everyone plans to submit their applications? I think I'm going to submit mine at the end of August/early September. Is that early enough for schools that offer rolling admissions? Thanks!
 
It was my question too. Do I have a better chance if I submit the application before the deadline for rolling admission?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys!

Just wondering when everyone plans to submit their applications? I think I'm going to submit mine at the end of August/early September. Is that early enough for schools that offer rolling admissions? Thanks!


It was my question too. Do I have a better chance if I submit the application before the deadline for rolling admission?


c'mon guys. Apply as soon as possible !! Period !!
 
Sooner the better. I did the app process twice and generally finished by the end of October.
 
hey guys ,should i submit my application now even though i didn't take the pcat yet? i am taking the pcat on October 6 2014 and i want to start pharmacy school on fall 2019 ?
 
Usually not. You need to research each school to find out how their supplemental applications work.

second that.

depending on the schools, you can download and start doing your supplemental immediately as soon as you submit your PharmCAS app, while at other schools, supp app will be sent to you per invite (e.g. Virginia Commonwealth University). Also be aware of the deadlines for supp app, they might be the same or different from the schools' PharmCAS deadlines.

Note: some schools do not have supp app at all. Your PharmCAS app is the only app they require.
 
Last edited:
I am applying next cycle so I plan to apply as soon as pharmcas opens up next yr. The sooner the better for most schools and the school I am applying to is basically first come first serve for interviews and I want to hopefully get an early interview spot.