When to submit primary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Javert123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
So I'm continuously hearing conflicting reports on what is considered submitting "early." I've heard make sure you do it on June 1st, anytime in early june is early and even if you submit before July 4th it's fine. When we say submit early to have the best chance does that mean sometime in June--> As in is June 20/25 "late"?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
So I'm continuously hearing conflicting reports on what is considered submitting "early." I've heard make sure you do it on June 1st, anytime in early june is early and even if you submit before July 4th it's fine. When we say submit early to have the best chance does that mean sometime in June--> As in is June 20/25 "late"?

Thanks!

Correct me if im wrong, but this year you cant submit it until june 3rd.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted end of June, was verified in August and started interviewing in September. That's was early enough for me. The idea is to submit your most polished app ASAP.

Reactions: 1 user
Early is good, but error free is better! Don't rush your app just so you can submit on the first day.

If you submit in the first month then you should be fine. What gets applicants in trouble is when they wait until August to submit. By the time everything gets finalized the only interviews available are usually January/February. By that time, you have to be a much better applicant to stand out than if you submitted in June.

You want to be complete by the end of August. Which means you should submit your primary in June to have it verified and submitted to schools by August, so you can fill out secondaries and get all your other ducks in a row.