When to submit primary????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vickyrawly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a really low MCAT score of 18. I was sick and got pretty anxious while taking the test. I know I can do a lot better, I averaged at a score of 30 on the practice exams. My cGPA is 3.38 and my sGPA is 3.27.

I'm going to retake my MCAT, but when I'll do that depends on when I can submit my primary application without hurting me. Does it help to submit the primary after I've retaken the MCAT? Is it even worth me submitting an application this year?

I've heard it doesn't hurt to submit the primary application even in December, but I'm not sure about that.

I need a lot of advise as my MCAT score has shocked me. I don't know much about the usual timeline for applications to DO schools.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I received a really low MCAT score of 18. I was sick and got pretty anxious while taking the test. I know I can do a lot better, I averaged at a score of 30 on the practice exams. My cGPA is 3.38 and my sGPA is 3.27.

I'm going to retake my MCAT, but when I'll do that depends on when I can submit my primary application without hurting me. Does it help to submit the primary after I've retaken the MCAT? Is it even worth me submitting an application this year?

I've heard it doesn't hurt to submit the primary application even in December, but I'm not sure about that.

I need a lot of advise as my MCAT score has shocked me. I don't know much about the usual timeline for applications to DO schools.

Thanks for your help in advance!

I would take gap year and really prepare for MCAT. I wouldn't even worrying about applying this year.