When to submit PTCAS app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kinesiology.To.DPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I took my first GRE exam this past Friday and scored below a 150 for the quantitative section. I want to submit my PTCAS app as soon as possible but I'm worried that 4 out of my 9 schools won't even look at it since I don't meet their minimum requirement of 150. I'm planning on retaking it again after 21 days so I'm not sure if I should wait till then or submit it now. If it helps, two of the schools (Pacific and Western University) don't require the GRE and three other schools (West Coast, Touro University - Nevada, and AT Still) have low minimums. The other four schools are Cal State Northridge (top choice), Mount Saint Mary's (2nd choice), Sacramento State, and Azusa.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got accepted early decision to MSMU with 154 quant 143 verbal! I was pretty worried. Applied last year to quite a few schools and didn't get in. I'd advise you to retake it to be on the safe side

Hey everyone! I took my first GRE exam this past Friday and scored below a 150 for the quantitative section. I want to submit my PTCAS app as soon as possible but I'm worried that 4 out of my 9 schools won't even look at it since I don't meet their minimum requirement of 150. I'm planning on retaking it again after 21 days so I'm not sure if I should wait till then or submit it now. If it helps, two of the schools (Pacific and Western University) don't require the GRE and three other schools (West Coast, Touro University - Nevada, and AT Still) have low minimums. The other four schools are Cal State Northridge (top choice), Mount Saint Mary's (2nd choice), Sacramento State, and Azusa.
I think a lot of factors come into play here. In most cases, I would say submit it. If you have a solid GPA (3.5 or above) then submit asap. I've heard of many stories of people with below 150 on GRE getting into schools. Many schools are filling up their seats fast because of rolling admissions. Northridge's deadline has already passed. I would submit it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
See how the schools calculate your scores. If they take the high score then you may want to resubmit. If they average the scores it may not help. If a school favors verbal over math, then it may not matter at all.

Do any of the schools that you qualify for now have rolling admissions? If so, you will want to go ahead and submit for those schools only. If the schools have regular deadlines that are sometime in the future AFTER you will have retaken and received all portions of your GRE back, then I would wait and add those 4 schools at that later point (remember you can apply to one batch of schools and do a second batch later on). If you don't meet their minimum GRE, yes, you will be automatically disqualified which isn't worth your money in applying.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I e-submitted my PTCAS app on 9/19 so I'm just waiting for it to be verified. Also, I scored a 154-Q on my second attempt which is good because all of the schools that I applied to accept the highest overall total.

Last edited: