When to submit Step 2 for ranking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cluelesshunter

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed with just Step 1, I have not seen any request from any program about Step 2. Silly question, but when are the deadlines to submit Step 2 for ranking purpose?
 
Interviewed with just Step 1, I have not seen any request from any program about Step 2. Silly question, but when are the deadlines to submit Step 2 for ranking purpose?

I would think programs would let you know if they needed step 2 prior to ranking. Logically, you would want to submit your score prior to when rank lists are due... There is a single date that lists are due, but all programs manage when they create their lists differently. You are probably best served getting in touch with programs directly.
 
I would submit it now. Many programs will not rank without step II and some may not have made it clear during the application process.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Related question, and I assume program depedent so not completely answerable.

If I got my score back in late Oct/early Nov and re-sent it on ERAS at that time, do I need to notify each program that I did that? or will they have likely checked again before doing rank lists?