When to submit supplemental fees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental555

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was planning to apply to about 8 dental schools. I would apply to a few more probably if I could, but I am on an extremely tight budget right now. I had thought this would cost $795 in AADSAS fees but after just now looking at each school's supplemental information I see that it costs an additional $480 in supplemental fees which I didn't foresee paying for. My summer job begins in July so I'll be able to begin getting money to help pay for it then, but even then I won't really make any significant amount of money until the end of July or beginning of August. Is it important to send the supplemental info/fees at the same time you send in your AADSAS application, or is it fine if you wait a little? I know being as early as possible is probably best but I had planned on submitting everything once I had my DAT scores in July 7th, but won't have the money to pay for the additional supplemental fees by then? Just try to get it all in as soon as I can I guess? Also, I assume I should send in the money as I get it, to the schools on the top of my list first?

My list of schools by the way if anyone would like to give advice or critique is listed below. I have the following stats; 3.499 oGPA, 3.416 sGPA, 100+ hours of shadowing/volunteer work for dentists/dental clinics, 6 letters of recommendation submitted to a committee letter from my boss, a pediatric dentist, an English professor, a physics professor, a biology professor, and a chemistry professor. Part time job during the school year raising money for the University as a Lead Caller, raising $15,000+ so far. I'm taking the DAT on July 7th but took a Kaplan Practice DAT scoring 18 on Bio, GC, and Orgo, an 19 on RC, a 20 on PAT, and a 21 in Math. By the time I take the real test I'm shooting for above a 20 in every category which I think I have a shot at.

List of schools:

-University of Maryland (instate, dream school)

-LECOM

-Tufts University

-Boston University

-New York University

-Temple University

-Virginia Commonwealth University

-Marquette University

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
YOu have to look at each school because they all do it differently. Some don't consider your application complete until they have it, while others don't want you to send it until they tell you to. research it....