When to submit the primaries if you are taking this JUNE?

premed08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I dont understand the whole thing and dates and how it works or how long it takes them to get the primaries...if anyone knows plz advise

bodonid

Dr. Spaceman
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I dont understand the whole thing and dates and how it works or how long it takes them to get the primaries...if anyone knows plz advise

If you take on June 13 you will get scores on July 15, and if you submit on July 15 you will be verified by ~Aug 18 or so and that is when schools will get your primary. You should use the time between June 13 and July 15 to fill out AMCAS and get your LORs so you have them ready.

About the Ads

MarathonsRcool

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
submit as soon as you can, in june.then youll be verified by the time you get your mcat scores.amcas will send your primaries to schools without your mcat score and will just update the schools once amcas recieves your mcat scores. i got alot of secondaries last year b4 even recieving my mcat scores.

MDWannabe2009

10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
yea but if you submit the amcas without the MCAT, I have a feeling that schools might put your application on the back burner, and not review it until later. Is this true? I'm taking the MCAT on May 27th, and am still unsure of whether or not to submit the amcas without the MCAT score.

MarathonsRcool

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
yea but if you submit the amcas without the MCAT, I have a feeling that schools might put your application on the back burner, and not review it until later. Is this true? I'm taking the MCAT on May 27th, and am still unsure of whether or not to submit the amcas without the MCAT score.

no because once my mcat scores were received,i got multiple emails right away (within a day) saying that my app was complete and that they had just recieved my score. i think some of you are thinking too much into this.but do what you wanna do.

premed08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

Dude u studying for MCAT and at the same time u are filling out the application...have u written the personal statement

MarathonsRcool

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
work on your amcas bit by bit. and revise multiple times.

pride4jc727

10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I agree with the postings above that advocate a June submission of the AMCAS. By doing this, it increases the chances, I believe, of getting an interview than if you wait to submit in July. Most schools are rolling so you want to do whatever you can in your power to get yourself looked very early on in the admissions cycle. Good luck with everything!!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.