When to take CS ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lee6842

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am an MS3, i am goint to take step 2 CK un July, but was wondering how imp is to take step 2 CS. I was planning on taking it on september, but think about changing it to June. The reason i put it on sept is that i need to crush the CK, and taking CS on June will take me 2 weeks (to study).
WHat you guys think, should i take the CS on september to have more study time for CK?? OR you think it is better to have the CS for ERAS(sept 1)???

Members don't see this ad.

As soon as possible, but there's absolutely no reason to have it on an ERAS transcript. No one cares.

Just get it done sometime in the end of the first to second half of the year and you won't have to fret if you passed or not.

Agree with Pontifex. You will still be fresh from MS3 (in terms of clinical skills) if you take it earlier. All you need is First Aid CS and 2-3 days to look over it. If you are really nervous give yourself a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
The reason i need 2 weeks is that english is not my first language, and i need to practice it. That why i thought on taking it on sept or oct, when i have done at least one elective in US, and i will be more fluent.
WHat you think?

The extra time for prep is fine, and far too many non native english speakers have fallen into the CS trap. Use First Aid, practice your english with people, and definitely at least have some US clinical experience under your belt first. A lot of FMGs end up failing because they don't know how the visit is supposed to go smoothly here.

You can take it in October, just don't have it auto-update your ERAS in case you have to retake it.