When to take DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SQUAAA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't they say to take the DAT in the summer of second year. Here's the problem though, I'm taking chemistry in the fall semester of second year, Chem 2 in the spring semester, therefore doing Orgo 1 in the summer semester of second year. Also I haven't taken Biology 1 yet, I have done the Biology course based on evolution and stuff already.

So the question is will I be able to take the DAT without having finished Orgo. But at the same time this is considering the American DAT. I'm a Canadian undergrad, so would taking the Canadian DAT be the better course of action considering there is no Orgo.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Its summer of your Junior year (third year) so that you can apply during that summer and be able to matriculate once you graduate your fourth year.
I would absolutely not take it before you finish Bio 1+2, Gen Chem and Orgo.

Reactions: 1 user
Summer after junior year is usually once you have finished most of your prereqs. I would wait until you have finished gen chem 1 and 2, bio 1 and 2, and orgo 1 and 2. Some people have obviously taken it before finishing those courses and have done well but there's no need for you to do it that early.