When to take DAT

Started by MaybeDent
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MaybeDent

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I just finalized my decision to switch from premed to predent a couple hours ago. One thing that has been drilled into my head as premed is "apply early". As the result I have taken MCAT last summer (was planning to apply this summer). My question is when is it the optimal date to take the DAT, so I will be considered "early" for application?

My class ends at May 10 and committee interview starts at June 1st and last until. I have to sign up for the interview date, I must have the temp test score by then by the time I interview. So I am planning to take the DAT on May 31st. Do you think this will be early enough?

I can take it earlier (I had a 40 on MCAT, and right now teach for Kaplan so most of the material is still "semi-warm"), but this semester is just very time consuming (anatomy stuff and I may get my first B...grr).