When to take MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thisguytony

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be done with gen bio, gen chem, organic and physics by the end of sophomore year. Should I study for the MCAT that summer and take it in August before junior year? Would it be better to have biochem/microbio/insert-upperclass-science-class-here under my belt and just take it in July after junior year? I don't want to study for the MCAT while taking classes.

I searched, nothing helped me. Help me.
 
I really think physiology helped a lot. But if you're confident you can learn it on your own, you already have the necessary base to take the mcat.