When to take PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Potential123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay I'm going into my senior year of undergrad this upcoming Fall. I was wondering if I should take the PCAT in October, as opposed to September. I'm already in the process to applying to two of my five potential schools because they do not require the PCAT. If I take the PCAT in October, do I set myself back even further?
 
Okay I'm going into my senior year of undergrad this upcoming Fall. I was wondering if I should take the PCAT in October, as opposed to September. I'm already in the process to applying to two of my five potential schools because they do not require the PCAT. If I take the PCAT in October, do I set myself back even further?

IMO, Take it in September that way if you are unhappy with your scores you can take it again in October.