When to take PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futurepharmd33

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a sophomore in college and I'll be done with all my classes for the PCAT by december 2015, if i take a light load first semester and study for pcat would i be well prepared to take the january test? also does the january pcat differ at all from the july one? thanks!
 
IMO the best time to study for the PCAT is shortly after completing Orgo/Calc/Bio. As more time elapses since you've taken these classes, you'll forget the material. A couple weeks to study should be fine if you're already strong in the material. I scored above 90%ile after studying for about 3 weeks, so I think with adequate planning a January test date should be fine, as long as you've previously mastered the concepts in class.