When to take practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klownzo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my DAT on July 1st and am wondering when to start taking practice tests? I have the 5 bootcamp tests and the 2007/2009 tests. I'm planning on saving 2007 and 2009 tests for my final week but I'm unsure of when I should take the bootcamp tests. I've studied every subject and will spend the final month just solidifying my studying. Should I start taking bootcamp tests now and spread them out over this last month or save them for the final two weeks before my test? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You don't want to leave things too late, especially PAT. The generators aren't the same as the practice tests, and you want to give yourself time to learn PAT

Take the 2007 exam a week or so before the real DAT and the 2009 exam 3 days before. Thoroughly review them. Start using the BC exams as full lengths at least 3 weeks before your test date. Utilize those PAT generators every day!

I wouldn't necessarily leave Bootcamp until 3 weeks before your test. For me, I used tests as a way of figuring out what I did and din't known and studied accoridngly. I started with practice tests probably 2 months before writing