When to take Step 2 CK

Started by Lafakads
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lafakads

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey yall,

I'm currently a 4th year that will be applying for radiology in the fall. I originally planned on taking Step 2 at the end of May and getting it done, but lately it seems like its been a struggle to get work done. I was thinking of moving an MSK elective up and then take Step 2 around mid October. Would taking it this late help or hurt me in anyway? FWIW I got around a 240 on Step 1.

Thanks!
 
I took it around Thanksgiving and it was fine. Just be sure to pass it, because some programs require it for ranking.

Absolutely. I would have about a month of study time so I would hope to get at least around my step 1 score.