When to take Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LurkNoMore

Who knows if I'll Match?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will have to make this decision soon enough, so I might as well start thinking about it now. I'm an MS3 who is leaning towards Anesthesia, but I am still not 100% at this point so I will be trying to do a few rotations early (one at home, an away or two). I did well on Step I (240+) and I have been doing pretty well on my rotations (don't know my raw shelf scores but I have gotten 3.5-3.7 as final grades for my rotations that have been posted so far). Any advice on whether to try to take it early (get it out of the way, while 3rd year is fresh) while still sorting out my selection of residency, or to wait until the spring, after interview season??

Members don't see this ad.

I will have to make this decision soon enough, so I might as well start thinking about it now. I'm an MS3 who is leaning towards Anesthesia, but I am still not 100% at this point so I will be trying to do a few rotations early (one at home, an away or two). I did well on Step I (240+) and I have been doing pretty well on my rotations (don't know my raw shelf scores but I have gotten 3.5-3.7 as final grades for my rotations that have been posted so far). Any advice on whether to try to take it early (get it out of the way, while 3rd year is fresh) while still sorting out my selection of residency, or to wait until the spring, after interview season??

Check out the thread that's still fresh on the main page entitled "When should I take Step 2CK?"

ty, sometimes I miss things that are directly in front of me....:confused: