When to take the 2007 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nvh_engineer

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With so many new test dates offered, i was wondering when would be best date to take the test?

Because I have heard during any one day, there will be a several versions of the test being taking throughout the country. At the end of the day, those tests will be graded based on the raw scores (placing a small curve where necessary if the questions were too difficult)

Now being that there are several test dates, this will make it more interesting because all these traditional kids will take the MCAT after their semester ends and rock it with their university ripened education.

I've heard that raw scores in August are higher because people study in the summer and/or take prep courses. So if you're a nontraditional working 40hrs+, our overall MCAT score may be lower in August compared to if we took it in April.

So in theory to maximize our scores and offset our disadvantage of being labeled a Non-trad, when should we take the exam? In april while the kiddies are still in school?
 
Honestly, there has been no conclusive evidence that states the curve is better at one time of the year over another. If there is I'd love to read it.

I would take it when its convinent for you. I know most pre-meds take it in April/May regardless of school and alot of retakes are in summer. Many people want to take as early as possible (like myself) so if I have to retake I'll have time to prepare.

And where did you hear about this "daily" curve? I have never heard of such of thing. Thanks!