When to take the boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecap707

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I just completed first year and I want to take the boards early in January. Am I able to do this or do I have to wait till next summer?

Members don't see this ad.

It's up to your school when you take the boards, because the administration at your school has to "approve" your application to test.

Yeah, kinda lame. I wanted to see if I could do it soon and knew enough to pass and asked the faculty and they laughed in my face.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ecap and Waldo... I would take some time and look at the materials now... it will give you a better idea of what you will need to focus on with your studies next year. And you know it may even help you get better scores in your classes. Especially practicing the format of the tests and questions will be helpful. It can be a different way to thinking in general. I hope that the tests go well for you and good luck!

If you want to get a feel for what you know or how questions are worded, go here:

http://www.dentalarticles.com/nbde/

About 1,300 questions. Most are from old boards or study material. You can see the outline/breakdown of material that is covered on it too (the 4 sections and topics under each). Explanations are included with answers...kind of like First Aid Q&A or our old friend DAT Destroyer.