When to take the GRE?

Started by Kuhdaytee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kuhdaytee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I'm applying for schools this upcoming July, and I haven't taken the GRE yet. I'm stuck on whether I should take the GRE in June or in July.

I began studying a few days ago, and I'll be taking a summer class from June 9-July 18th and will be working sometime soon. I'd like more time to study, so the end of July would be nice, but I also would like time to retake it if I need to. Also, I'd like to apply as early as possible, especially because my GPA isn't incredibly competitive, so taking it in June may be a better option.

Thanks for your input!
 
Well either would be fine, depends on how well prepared you feel by the time June/July rolls around. You might want to decide soon however since testing sites can fill up fairly quickly, they did by me (NY).