When to take the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mattinthehat250

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when the latest date is that I can take the MCAT and still apply early for DO schools this cycle? I've been trying to find when schools start accepting applications but all I've been able to find on their websites is the application deadline. Also, how long does it take after taking the MCAT for schools to get your scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering when the latest date is that I can take the MCAT and still apply early for DO schools this cycle? I've been trying to find when schools start accepting applications but all I've been able to find on their websites is the application deadline. Also, how long does it take after taking the MCAT for schools to get your scores?
Take the MCAT when you are ready. Ideally in April or May. The AACOMAS application opens in the beginning of May, but can't be submitted until June 1st.

It takes about 1 month to get your MCAT scores back. Like the poster above stated, take it when you are ready

If you take the mcat by the end of may, you will get your mcat scores back by the end of june and you should be fine. however if you take the mcat in april and don't do so hot, you could take it in june and still be ok. not great. but if you are confident you can do well on the mcat the first time, shoot to have it finished before june 1st.