When to Turn Down Offer..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lochnezz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was recently admitted to my top choice school but am committed elsewhere. I will be dropping my seat from the school I am currently enrolled at, but my question is when do I withdraw? I sent in my deposit just recently to the school I plan to attend but I know they haven't received it. Do I go ahead and withdraw my application now, or do I wait to ensure my top choice receives my deposit?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I was recently admitted to my top choice school but am committed elsewhere. I will be dropping my seat from the school I am currently enrolled at, but my question is when do I withdraw? I sent in my deposit just recently to the school I plan to attend but I know they haven't received it. Do I go ahead and withdraw my application now, or do I wait to ensure my top choice receives my deposit?

As long as you tell the school
You withdraw by April 1 you should be fine. What I'm saying is you have some time to make sure they got deposit

What do you mean they havent recieved it yet? If you sent a check, VOID it to save money and thats it.

Reactions: 1 user
Void that check ASAP! Don't turn down the offer quite yet, but when they try to cash the check and it doesn't work I'm sure they will contact you asking for another one. At this point your spot might already be secure at your top choice