When to use MTB 2 and MTB 3 during clinicals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drchandrasika

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I am focusing on each rotation, particularly reading the recommended review books for that specific rotation. But when should one use the comprehensive books like MTB2MTB3 combo, or secrets, or step up to step 2 ck? Do students read the chapter for their particular rotation alongside their rotations from these books as well? Or are these comprehensive books more for after you finish core rotations and need 2-3 weeks to study for ck? If thats the case, am I not better off using all the review books I used for each rotations e.g.: pestana notes, blueprins, step up to medicine etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

Use the review books for each rotation. use the comprehensive books for step 2.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I read MTB-2 before starting MS3. Then I read MTB-3 while on surg, which was my second rotation of MS3. I think they both were okay in terms of prep (but way better than FA 2CK, which I also read before MS3), but not nearly comprehensive enough in any department. I say that because when I initially went through the MTBs, I thought they were great, but now that I'm moving toward more practice questions, I'm not satisfied, and realize there are serious gaps, particularly in peds and OBGYN. I'm using the Case Files books and QBanks to supplement now. 2CK is in three months.

And some of the info between the books is completely contradictory. I can't recall specifics off the top of my head this second, but I remember having been annoyed sometimes going through MTB-3.