Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

when to withdraw?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Retimo, Dec 3, 2008.

  1. Retimo

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    I was accepted into my 1st choice*. I know that it's where I want to go, so I'm ready to declare it on predents.com and withdraw from the other schools that I applied to (just out of courtesy)

    but I've noticed that practically no one has declared where they're attending on predents, and someone in another recent thread said "I know it's too early to start selecting schools"..

    why? there must be some other peeps out there like me who got into their 1st choice and dont' need the time to consider the next step..

    what am I missing? thanks



    *UMD, duh... top school in the nation I hear :D
     
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. Flipper405

    Flipper405 "Excessive" flosser
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    May 5, 2005
    Messages:
    673
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Dentist
    A lot of people are waiting to hear from more schools (I know I am)... it's still REALLY early at this point.
     
  4. DMDreaming

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2007
    Messages:
    377
    Likes Received:
    2
    Status:
    Dental Student
    If you are SURE this is your top choice, there isn't any reason to wait. It would be different if you were accepted to a school not at the top of your list and had yet to hear from your #1. Great job in being selected!
     
  5. Jake8

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    544
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Dental Student
    No need to wait but make sure they cash your deposit before telling the other schools no.
     
  6. joeDDS

    joeDDS *UCSF Class of 2013*
    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    Messages:
    53
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Dental Student
    I'm with you retimo, got into my first choice! Congrats. I'm gonna withdraw from the other schools as soon as I confirm that my deposit was received. I hear that's the safe/courteous way to do it
     
  7. klutzy1987

    klutzy1987 StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    Messages:
    2,134
    Likes Received:
    3
    Status:
    Dental Student
    Id rather sit on any acceptancdes and see what scholarships they may offer and ill let Stonybrook know that im attending around christmas and then I will withdraw from all other schools.
     
  8. Retimo

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    Status:
    Pre-Dental

    congrats joeDDS! Well done..

    thanks for the advice everyone.. I like the idea of waiting til the deposit is received.. smart
     
  9. Mamona

    5+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Messages:
    358
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    Thanks that's the way to go!!!;)
     
  10. RMPredent2009

    2+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Messages:
    128
    Likes Received:
    1
    Status:
    Pre-Dental
    I have also been accepted to MD my first choice! but i still have an interview at stony on the 11th so I think I'll go and see how I like it. Otherwise, I will send my deposit in to Maryland and wait until they cash it until I withdraw from NYU and Buffalo. I figure I've already paid the supplemental fees so I might as well still go on some interviews to see what I might be missing out on....but I definitely think Maryland is the best choice for me.
     

Share This Page