when to withdraw?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Retimo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted into my 1st choice*. I know that it's where I want to go, so I'm ready to declare it on predents.com and withdraw from the other schools that I applied to (just out of courtesy)

but I've noticed that practically no one has declared where they're attending on predents, and someone in another recent thread said "I know it's too early to start selecting schools"..

why? there must be some other peeps out there like me who got into their 1st choice and dont' need the time to consider the next step..

what am I missing? thanks

*UMD, duh... top school in the nation I hear :D

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of people are waiting to hear from more schools (I know I am)... it's still REALLY early at this point.

I was accepted into my 1st choice*. I know that it's where I want to go, so I'm ready to declare it on predents.com and withdraw from the other schools that I applied to (just out of courtesy)

but I've noticed that practically no one has declared where they're attending on predents, and someone in another recent thread said "I know it's too early to start selecting schools"..

why? there must be some other peeps out there like me who got into their 1st choice and dont' need the time to consider the next step..

what am I missing? thanks

*UMD, duh... top school in the nation I hear :D
If you are SURE this is your top choice, there isn't any reason to wait. It would be different if you were accepted to a school not at the top of your list and had yet to hear from your #1. Great job in being selected!

Members don't see this ad :)
No need to wait but make sure they cash your deposit before telling the other schools no.

I'm with you retimo, got into my first choice! Congrats. I'm gonna withdraw from the other schools as soon as I confirm that my deposit was received. I hear that's the safe/courteous way to do it

Id rather sit on any acceptancdes and see what scholarships they may offer and ill let Stonybrook know that im attending around christmas and then I will withdraw from all other schools.

I'm with you retimo, got into my first choice! Congrats. I'm gonna withdraw from the other schools as soon as I confirm that my deposit was received. I hear that's the safe/courteous way to do it

congrats joeDDS! Well done..

thanks for the advice everyone.. I like the idea of waiting til the deposit is received.. smart

congrats joeDDS! Well done..

thanks for the advice everyone.. I like the idea of waiting til the deposit is received.. smart

Thanks that's the way to go!!!;)

I have also been accepted to MD my first choice! but i still have an interview at stony on the 11th so I think I'll go and see how I like it. Otherwise, I will send my deposit in to Maryland and wait until they cash it until I withdraw from NYU and Buffalo. I figure I've already paid the supplemental fees so I might as well still go on some interviews to see what I might be missing out on....but I definitely think Maryland is the best choice for me.