1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

When UF acceptances are mailed

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by SaberVet, Mar 27, 2007.

1. SaberVet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Has anyone heard anything else about when UF will mail out their acceptances? I know from the website they said acceptances will be mailed out on Sunday, April 1, but I've also heard from various people that they could be mailed out Thursday, Friday, Saturday...Can anyone add anything to clear up this confusion?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Dean Thompsom personally told our interview group letters should be mailed out this Friday- Mar. 30th

4. msmrtrthnyllb

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    He said the same thing for our group.
    He'll most likely finish and mail them out on Friday.
    So, depending on where you live, expect them accordingly.

5. bakaduin

bakaduin UF CVM Class of 2012
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I believe they are deciding everyones fate as we speak. UF may be the best school in the universe! (Of course Im biased because I go there now for undergrad :D)

6. SaberVet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I'm getting so antsy knowing that UF's decision is so close now! :scared:

7. Ju4910

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I am getting nervous too! My friend at the vet school said that yesterday she walked by the offices and they had a cart with all the applications they had to go through. The thought of that made it so real. Hopefully we will hear by Saturday so that we don't have to sit through Sunday without being able to stalk to mail man. :D Good luck.

8. SaberVet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Good luck to all the UF hopefuls! It sucks for me cuz I'm out of town from Friday to Monday, so basically I won't be able to find out if I got into UF until Tuesday. Agh!

9. Ju4910

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Oh, that is terrible!

10. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    <- losing sleep, chewing nails....anyone with me??

11. msmrtrthnyllb

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I know it'll get here on Saturday, but our post office isn't open on the weekends. So, I have to wait until Monday, knowing that it's just sitting there the whole weekend. :mad:

12. Capella

Capella OK-State 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Why do some schools wait so long!?!?! (Seriously…)

I feel sorry for you guys. *hugs*

13. msmrtrthnyllb

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    It is ridiculous.
    My friends have already been accepted to their Pharmacy, Dental, and Medical schools. Why the hell is the Veterinary dept. so far behind?

14. Ju4910

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    If it makes you feel any better, my bet was that they wouldn't get here until Monday anyway. I am in Orlando though. I won't mind if it takes longer because it is certified...ha ha. I think it will just be so sad to open the mail box and see a regular UF envelope :( but I guess it is nice to know right away if you get a certified letter that you got in.

15. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    I just look forward to seeing Capella's new avatar....which herbivore will it be next?? :)

16. Capella

Capella OK-State 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Pfffft! They've all been goats, or at least they're supposed to be goats&#8230;long story&#8230;

I'm an astronomy buff, and Capella is one of my favorite stars. Capella means "little she goat," so I figured it would be a perfect alias for this board. So I google searched for goat images, and the first image I used was actually pretty sheep-like the more I looked at it (couldn't see the tail for accurate identification), so I changed it. The next goat picture looked cool, but after awhile I thought it looked kind of satanic or something. So now I'm just sticking with a boring old nanny goat&#8230;

17. Ju4910

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Ok guys, my friend from UF CVM stopped by the office today and her friend there told her the letters went out today! Good luck. :eek: Start stalking your mail boxes and doors!

18. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    <---- <<<<stalk, stalk>>>>

19. wildfocus

wildfocus DVM/PhD student
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    i'm so emotionally invested in your plight - i'll be biting my nails until you all post good news! best of luck :luck:

20. fadingstars

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    do you think Orlando would get the letters today? or not until Monday?

21. msmrtrthnyllb

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I would think today.

22. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    I live 1.5 hours away, and nothing today :( It's so hard to know I've got to wait two more days. Noone will be home when the postal service comes on Monday !:eek:

23. Lab

Lab
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Hi all. I live in Gainesville and received my acceptance letter yesterday (Saturday 3/31). I can't believe it!!! Good luck.

24. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Congrats, Lab !!!

I am hoping to be able to post good news tomorrow :oops:

Did your letter come by certified mail??

25. Lab

Lab
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Thank you philomycus. Yes it came by certified mail. I about hyperventilated when I heard the knock on the door. I'd been stalking the mailman so I knew who it was haha.

26. 2011vet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I got my letter yesterday too. It wasn't a certified letter and I was so upset, but when I read it I realized that I'm on the alternate list. I was so happy! People say that most alternates get in, it's just a matter of patience. And I thought waiting for my letter was hard!:eek:

27. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    got my letter :(

I really felt I ACED my interview. If I did, why would they bother to interview if even acing it wouldn't have let me in? Unless they felt my quick answers were rehearsed and full of crap.

My mom and I scheduled my grandmother's funeral around this interview. I am really disaapointed.
    I was so confident after my interview, I bought a college of vet med hat & shirt. If anyone wants it, pm me and give me your address....it's yours. :(

28. imagine21

imagine21 Penn c/o 2012
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    So sorry, Philo.

29. horsybaby

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    So sorry Philo... Give yourself some time to mourn(whatever it takes for you)and then get back into action. Figure out plan "B" and move on it! I know it is hard, but a month ago I was right there with ya. Now I am actually optimistic about what is to come... Maybe even believing my mom saying" everything happens for a reason"....

30. Ju4910

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Rejected from UF also. Thank god for NCSU I guess...

31. msmrtrthnyllb

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I got rejected, too. Whoever all got in has gotta have some pretty damn good credentials. I honestly have no idea how I did not get in, if I may say so. May be sour grapes, but it's true. I guess I'll find out whenever I call them next week or whenever.

32. Ju4910

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Yeah, to be honest I was surprised too, but I was a first time applicant, and from UCF so I guess I knew there was a chance. I already made my appointment for next Tuesday. Congrats to those who got in, I am very jealous. Wish I didn't have to cry for the rest of the day...

33. wildfocus

wildfocus DVM/PhD student
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    oh philo, i am so sorry. oklahoma is still a possibility, right??

chipster, ju4910, and msm - i'm sorry for you guys too! it sounds like at least one of you has another option.

34. chipster

chipster UPenn VMD class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I also got rejected today from UF, in state resident... heres to next year!

35. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Yes, still waiting on OK, but after losing my grandma (who I was closer too than any other family member) It's soooo hard if I get in to OK to move, leaving my mom behind <<<sigh>> I'm not kidding you- she passed Thurs. a.m., I rushed back to Jax. Fri, drove to G'ville, interviewed Sat, and Sat night returned to GA about midnight. Watching her pass over 12 hours.... my God. My mom didn't feel comfortable making medical decisions, I had too. Ugh. I miss her so. She would have been the 1st person I'd call to tell her I was rejected, but she would make me feel better, and I would be ready for next year. The highs and lows in the same week. Wow.

I too am kinda surpised (only sort of) about getting declined.
    I was hoping my M.S. in Biology would help me. I juts truly felt I nailed that interview. I mean why would they interview if you had no chance??? I guess to test persistence??

Guess I'll call for my "post-mortum" appt. too. and not give up and hope for next year. One more year won't kill me, just make me stronger and more determined.

Sorry if it's TMI, but man, I just gotta. She was my everything.

36. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl UC Davis SVM 2012
    5+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    That's EXACTLY the way I felt about Davis. I don't have any sage advice, just empathizing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you wrt Oklahoma!

37. Sassygirl

Sassygirl OSU CVM Class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    philomycus,

so sorry to hear about UF (and your grandmother too :() I've really been pulling for you. Admissions is so screwed up. They let in so many 4.0-toting brainiacs that can't even function in the real world while nice normal hardworking people get overlooked. Don't give up. Show the schools you're not going anywhere, wrack up some more awesome experience, and wow Florida next year (if you don't end up going to OK state, that is). You are going to be an excellent vet.

38. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    thx guys...the support from 'yall does make it a little better

:oops:

39. Aninha

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Alternate...:hungover:

40. cwc07

cwc07 member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Now I'm really curious to find out who all got in!! Seems like none of the regular posters here got in - myself included (even though I don't post much). Got my "we want nothing to do with you" letter yesterday - totally ruined my day. This was my second year applying. At least I got an interview this year - last year I didn't even get that. UF is the only school I applied to both years - not in a position to leave the state (family issues - long story). But in some ways being flat out rejected is less cruel than being baited with an interview (and I too thought I did well - heck my interviewers even said "good job" at the end of my interview!) and then get wacked-upside the head. I have my post-interview analysis scheduled for this Monday, so I'll see what Dr. Thompson has to say - although I already have a good idea of what I need to work on: my GRE scores (I hate that test).

41. philomycus

philomycus The Tree Rat
    7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Yeah, I hate that test too. Esp the verbal, all these huge vocab words you will never use, esp. w/your clients! It does stink that a 4 hour test can count as much as a 4yr GPA. But the Bio GRE is the only reasons (at least I feel) that I'm an alt. at OKSU.

42. Lab

Lab
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I'm sorry to those of you who didn't get in. Heartbreaking for sure.:( If you do the post-interview thing with Dean Thompson, I'd love to hear what he has to say. I do not understand this admissions process. It seems so random.

43. Aninha

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I called to see if I could find out where I am on the alternate list...but the lady told me they don't give out that info...Did someone else who tried get the same answer??

44. m8511

Pre-Veterinary
    Question: I live in MA and haven't gotten a letter either way from FL. Does anyone who HAS heard from FL live outside the state? This waiting is driving me crazy!

45. 2011vet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    It's policy not to relase information about the alternate list. Only Dr.Thompson knows how many people are on it and what their ranks are.

46. Aninha

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Thanks for the info! Do you know until when people on the alternate list should expect to hear something from UF? Because CSU told me that people on the alternate list can be called until august or something (2nd week of classes!!)...that would be a loong wait! Is UF like that?

47. 2011vet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Unfortunatly, yes. The thing is, UF doesn't require a deposit, so what some people (unprofessionaly) do is say yes to UF, but don't take their names off alternate lists from other schools just in case they are invited. Then, they just don't bother to show up to orientation. Sometimes, stuff comes up and they decide they can't start vet school right before classes start. I'm hoping not to wait that long. My cousin was alternate and I think she found out in July. Keep your fingers crossed that you find out sooner rather than later.

48. msmrtrthnyllb

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Dr. Thompson told us that he accepted an alternate as late as the last day before classes started last year.

49. ReinaDeLuz

ReinaDeLuz UF CVM Class of 2010!
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I heard in may! I think I would have expired from anxiety if I had had to wait that long! Although there is one girl in our class that didnt hear until August

50. 2011vet

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I think I'm about to expire! lol. This has been such a long wait. And it's so annoying that I can't see Dr. Thompson for another two weeks! Has anybody heard from UF lately?