When will AMCAS, AACOMAS, TMDSAS start sending interview invites this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicanttimes2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know all the schools vary, but I'm just interested in generally (1) when these three different groups of schools normally start sending interview invitations and (2) how much later interview invites will be this cycle?

Feel free to mention specific school circumstances. A range would be helpful. (Ex. Are many schools on track to start invites soon, with some delayed to September or October?)

I've completed all my secondaries to all three so just curious when I should start hearing back (if invited, fingers crossed).

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools have already started sending II (DO for the most part). You can probably expect MD schools to be 2 weeks behind traditional schedule as transmission was delayed about that time.

I know that several of the Texas schools have already started extending IIs (Texas A&M, Texas Tech, El Paso, etc.). A lot of the schools though are pushing their II timelines back though. For example, McGovern (UT-Houston) has said they're going to only do JAMP interviews in August and will start regular interviews in September.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know that several of the Texas schools have already started extending IIs (Texas A&M, Texas Tech, El Paso, etc.). A lot of the schools though are pushing their II timelines back though. For example, McGovern (UT-Houston) has said they're going to only do JAMP interviews in August and will start regular interviews in September.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm OOS for Texas and I think OOS'ers usually get later interview invites (if at all). Do you think that's right?

Also, any intel on whether Dell at UT Austin has sent invites yet, or when they plan to?

Reactions: 1 user
I saw an OOS person get an interview at Texas A&M a couple of days ago (Transmitted on like June 26th or something like that). As far as Dell goes, I saw that they finally sent out some secondary application invitations earlier this week (To people who had complete applications in early to mid June). So I would expect them to start doing interview invites in a month or so for those who they invite to do their secondary application.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the average overall vs BCPM GPA for Dell? I see 3.72 on their site but it doesn't state if that is overall or BCPM.

Also, what is everyone's experience with trying to waive or demonstrate competency for really minor shortages in the pre-reqs?

I know all the schools vary, but I'm just interested in generally (1) when these three different groups of schools normally start sending interview invitations and (2) how much later interview invites will be this cycle?

Feel free to mention specific school circumstances. A range would be helpful. (Ex. Are many schools on track to start invites soon, with some delayed to September or October?)

I've completed all my secondaries to all three so just curious when I should start hearing back (if invited, fingers crossed).
You oughta know better than to ask such a generic question, because the answer will always be, "It depends".

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the average overall vs BCPM GPA for Dell? I see 3.72 on their site but it doesn't state if that is overall or BCPM.

Also, what is everyone's experience with trying to waive or demonstrate competency for really minor shortages in the pre-reqs?
Pre-reqs are pre-requirements, not pre-suggestions.
You will need to meet them by the time of matriculation.
Dell wants genetics as one of your Bio courses, and having a little genetics in an Intro to Bio course won't cut it.
If you are also applying to TCU/UNTHSC, note that they require genetics and physiology, no waivers for those, and physiology must be human/mammal not plant physiology.

Pre-reqs are pre-requirements, not pre-suggestions.
You will need to meet them by the time of matriculation.
Dell wants genetics as one of your Bio courses, and having a little genetics in an Intro to Bio course won't cut it.
If you are also applying to TCU/UNTHSC, note that they require genetics and physiology, no waivers for those, and physiology must be human/mammal not plant physiology.

hi, thanks for all that info. I already looked at Dell‘s website and noted that “A genetics course is strongly recommended”

In addition, “Dell Med supports the movement toward competencies. Applicants are free to demonstrate competencies by any means; for most, the easiest method will be through satisfactory performance in appropriately rigorous coursework. Any applicant that believes competency has been established by some alternate means is invited to petition the admissions team by email.”

The petition process is what I’m curious about. The minor shortage I have is my physics labs. My university ONLY offered P/F labs and with COVID, I can’t seem to find an physics lab available that isn’t P/F since they are all mostly online.

Curious what others’ experience with the petition process has been like.

hi, thanks for all that info. I already looked at Dell‘s website and noted that “A genetics course is strongly recommended”

In addition, “Dell Med supports the movement toward competencies. Applicants are free to demonstrate competencies by any means; for most, the easiest method will be through satisfactory performance in appropriately rigorous coursework. Any applicant that believes competency has been established by some alternate means is invited to petition the admissions team by email.”

The petition process is what I’m curious about. The minor shortage I have is my physics labs. My university ONLY offered P/F labs and with COVID, I can’t seem to find an physics lab available that isn’t P/F since they are all mostly online.

Curious what others’ experience with the petition process has been like.
I just realized I posted this question in the wrong thread. Will post on the Dell 2020-2021 thread.

The 2020-2021 II tracker is already floating around here somewhere. I would recommend keeping up with that to see what's been going on, but AMCAS TMSDAS and AACOMAS schools have all had select schools send interviews