When will my amcas application get reviewed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rightfooted

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted the application in the middle of June and the status page still says waiting to be reviewed. Does it really take a full six weeks and I may not be complete until the beginning of August?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'd double check (as mentioned above) that transcripts have all been rec'd, this can be done by logging in and checking electronically rather than calling, I think the link is called "status" or some such, it'll state transcripts "received" or not.

Last year for my primary app submissions it took the full 4 weeks that, per the AAMC web site, it could take after transcripts were rec'd for all to be verified. My status (per the AAMC site when I logged in) changed once or twice, I called, was told that the message that I saw meant around a 2 week wait, and then within a day or two I was complete. So I have limited faith in the knowledge of the AAMC staff.

If you go look in the Pre-Allo forum, there's a thread called the AMCAS Verification Thread, where people have listed when they submitted and when they got verified, so you can get a sense of where AMCAS is in the process. Today's posts have people who submitted on 6/21 and 6/22 getting verified. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I submitted on 6/23!