When will my amcas application get reviewed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rightfooted

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted the application in the middle of June and the status page still says waiting to be reviewed. Does it really take a full six weeks and I may not be complete until the beginning of August?😕
 
I'd double check (as mentioned above) that transcripts have all been rec'd, this can be done by logging in and checking electronically rather than calling, I think the link is called "status" or some such, it'll state transcripts "received" or not.

Last year for my primary app submissions it took the full 4 weeks that, per the AAMC web site, it could take after transcripts were rec'd for all to be verified. My status (per the AAMC site when I logged in) changed once or twice, I called, was told that the message that I saw meant around a 2 week wait, and then within a day or two I was complete. So I have limited faith in the knowledge of the AAMC staff.
 
If you go look in the Pre-Allo forum, there's a thread called the AMCAS Verification Thread, where people have listed when they submitted and when they got verified, so you can get a sense of where AMCAS is in the process. Today's posts have people who submitted on 6/21 and 6/22 getting verified. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I submitted on 6/23!