When will PTCAS mail my applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application on 7/24/11 and they have everything (transcripts included)... When will they decide to mail to schools? :(

I feel like I wasted a lot of effort getting it done so fast now since it's taking THIS long to process...

Members don't see this ad.

I would email PTCAS. I had the same problem and emailed them repeatedly and I feel like that speeds up the process

did you apply ED? bc if you did, they should've been mailed, but if not, they might hold off on mailing it until ED is over. Not sure if that is what actually happens, but just a thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
eeekkk, you are worrying me! That is way over the 4-5 week processing time. I agree with jchen though. How did you send your application, ED?

That's exactly what PTCAS does. ED apps are priority and then they will start sending out the other ones. I asked! So don't worry!

That's exactly what PTCAS does. ED apps are priority and then they will start sending out the other ones. I asked! So don't worry!

No, I did not do ED. So basically, they should have had a DIFFERENT deadline for other applications. My original thought was that I could get all my applications in and out to the schools when the ED ones were sent.

Even if I didn't get an early decision, they still would have my application and KNOW I put it in early.

hey corks that is strange.. I would definitely get in contact with PTCAS. I e-submitted my application on 8-21 and they were mailed out on 9-6.

hey so, I was just notified by PTCAS today that my GPAs were calculated and that my apps would be sent out in the next mailing (sometime next week I believe). Just to give you a point of reference, I had e-submitted my app on 8/25 (or 8/26, don't really remember), and it's been about 2 weeks. I'm also not applying ED, so if you weren't notified or aren't notified by PTCAS soon about GPA calculations, I would call them and ask if you are missing any documents, since they won't contact you if you are. good luck!

Weird, because I submitted my apps/transcripts/fee on 7/5 and my apps were mailed 8/13.

Same here: I submitted my application to PTCAS on 8/25, and received an email today 9/8 stating that it has been processed and will be sent out to the schools "in the next weekly mailing" (probably next week).

So it looks like PTCAS needs about 2 weeks to process an application, at this time. As more and more applications are received, I wouldn't be surprised if this 2-week period stretches out to be something longer.

So I just got an email back saying "well it looks like the issue has been resolved! Thank you for contacting PTCAS customer service".

So I check PTCAS mailing status, and it still says "NOT MAILED."

I emailed them back.... yay PTCAS..... :(

Well they are FINALLY mailing it out. Although I really don't like how PTCAS did my GPA calculations when they split it up on the bottom... some of it just doesn't seem right. Oh well, I'm assuming the schools look at our ACTUAL transcripts and don't just rely on their grouping of pre-req's on the bottom, or the fact that I spent two years as my "senior" year in school. At least I can join the "waiting game" now :D

Corks stated: fact that I spent two years as my "senior" year in school."

I had to enter my university jun and sen years as senior because I took up to 40 credits while I was in high school, so it looks like I took 6 years to get my bach. Pretty much allowed me to fit in the prereqs under my scholarships for 4 yrs of undergrad. Sure they see this kind of stuff and many other senarios. Hopefully they will see the overlapping of two community colleges during those highschool years. I tried writing a bit about it in my essay. autobios.
Good Luck