When will the PCAT finally get computerized?

Started by mrivera
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mrivera

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering a career in Pharmacy, and I just noticed that its still only offered a few times a year, cuz it is not computerized... anyone know when they will make a change like the other tests?
 
I am considering a career in Pharmacy, and I just noticed that its still only offered a few times a year, cuz it is not computerized... anyone know when they will make a change like the other tests?

I think never. I took the GRE in 2004, and it was computerized then. It had been for several years. At this point it's neither a technology issue nor a question of cost effectiveness. I think they like making you jump through the hoops.

Never isn't right, though. It'll happen some day, but I wouldn't wait for that day to start applying. It could be 20 years from now.
 
The PCATs are so far behind the other tests like the GRE, MCAT, etc that it's not even funny.

I think one day Pearson will figure it out..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey before each section of the exam is there a piece of tape that is sticked to all of the pages on that section? And then right when the exam section starts you have to remove it in order to open the up the test packet? I am asking because I am clumsy and have a hard time opening that up. For each section on the ACT I would start a little later than other people lol.
 
Hey before each section of the exam is there a piece of tape that is sticked to all of the pages on that section? And then right when the exam section starts you have to remove it in order to open the up the test packet? I am asking because I am clumsy and have a hard time opening that up. For each section on the ACT I would start a little later than other people lol.

No. There might be one seal on the whole test, but I can't really remember. You certainly don't have to do one each time you start a section.