When's the best time to withdraw from a school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samdig

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was originally accepted or Roseman and MWU-IL. I put my deposit down at Roseman a couple months ago. Now, I've been accepted at ASDOH. I put my deposit down and received my login information to the school portal but I don't know when I should contact Roseman to let them know I won't be going there. I want to make sure everything is secure. I was thinking once I get a financial aid e-mail from ASDOH I will have a good enough idea of what's going on to finally withdraw from Roseman. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

if they already accepted your deposit, then its secure..

Too many people are waiting on a spot right now (~15 days before they would have to restart their application) for you to be holding two spots.

Also, you run the chance of having a school drop you because you are not allowed to hold two spots.

Just call ASDOH and say "before I withdraw from the other school I put a deposit down at, I just wanted to make sure everything is in order for me to attend ASDOH" and they will say "well.. let me check... *click**clack**clickclick*... What did you say your name was?" You then state your name. "OK.... let me see here.... *click**clickclcickclcick**clack*... Yup, looks like you're all good to go!"