where are the interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

getintodentalschool

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 4.0gpa, 23+dat, TON of EC, research, shadowing and second batch. Why do I not have any interviews? Like what went wrong??

Members don't see this ad.

you scared them away dude. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The only things that could've went wrong are you submitted a crappy personal statement, you had a really bad recommendation or non-recommendation, you committed a crime or simply you didn't apply to enough schools

The only things that could've went wrong are you submitted a crappy personal statement, you had a really bad recommendation or non-recommendation, you committed a crime or simply you didn't apply to enough schools

true.
I am wondering if there are any professor who would actually write something that will do hard to students. If that's the case, wouldn't it be the right thing for them to flat out tell you that they can't write one instead of doing that? Just seems very petty for them to do that to you in the back.

Hmmm....I only applied to 6 schools, had to report an alcohol ordinance violation, and my PS was hardly a barn burner. I have 2 interviews so far. Nothing makes sense anymore. There must be some reason they hold out on applicants with high scores. I'm sure there are more invites on the way. Hold tight OP.

Reactions: 1 user
true.
I am wondering if there are any professor who would actually write something that will do hard to students. If that's the case, wouldn't it be the right thing for them to flat out tell you that they can't write one instead of doing that? Just seems very petty for them to do that to you in the back.
One of my professors said he had a mediocre student ask him for a letter once. In the letter he wrote, "this student has improved a quantum over last semester" trying to both tell the truth but also hoping to take advantage of the incorrect colloquial usage of 'quantum' as meaning huge. He said the student got into the program he wanted.

Be patient. It's the most random process in the world. Nothing makes sense. I had a 17AA and got into 3 schools from the 4 interviews I had and 5 invites total. 3.59gpa and all
Interviews were in January.

Sit tight.

Reactions: 9 users
Man be patient. Its still early in the cycle. The interviews will come to you with those stats, but you just gotta be patient.

I've lost all hope. I'll be flipping everyones burgers at McD, hope everyone comes by to see me

Reactions: 2 users
You are probably being targeted by the IRS.

Sounds identical to me but with more EC's haha. Where I went wrong was that I got overly confident, applied to only 6 schools, and knew, but didn't care that 4 of those were not OOS friendly. Only one interview so far and only expecting one from home-state Oregon. I wish you the best!

Maybe schools could sense the desperation in your personal statement.

Be patient. It's the most random process in the world. Nothing makes sense. I had a 17AA and got into 3 schools from the 4 interviews I had and 5 invites total. 3.59gpa and all
Interviews were in January.

Sit tight.
what schools did you interview at/ get accepted to?

hahaha nice one getintodentalschool

I interviewed at UCSF, Pitt, NYU, Minnesota, and declined USC.

Accepted into UCSF, Pitt, NYU

Minnesota didn't even tell me if I was denied, admitted, or waitlist. They just fell off the planet

Reactions: 1 user