Where are there good MD only practices?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothpickwars

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking at PNW, NE, MN/WI/MI. Practices where you spend at least 1/3 doing open cases would be great as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
We have a great PP west of Seattle doing everything but cardiac. PM me for details.

Reactions: 1 users
In Portland - OAG (almost exclusively doing own cases I believe) and CAG (probably 2/3 own cases, 1/3 supervision).

Members don't see this ad :)
Any good MD only groups in east coast?

Undoubtedly there are good groups on the East Coast but I think it’s harder to find the same degree of egalitarian values and structure that you would find in the West.

Though APC in Grand Rapids, MI is no longer MD only, I've always thought that was a top notch, fair group from what I heard. I knew a guy taking a lot of call who told me he was making $70k/month (this was back in 2009) but he was single and working his tail off. I spoke to them a few years back but decided I did not want to live in central MI.

Most practices in Western Oregon and Western Washington are MD/DO only or MD>>CRNA practices.