Where are you Baylor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abeanatrice

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Baylor sends out their interview requests in bulk? I called the MSTP office today and they asked me if I had gotten an interview offer from the med school. I said I hadn't heard a word, and they told me to wait until I hear from them and then a few days later I should get a request from the MSTP. So, then I called the med school and they said that my file had been reviewed and I would get an email if I was granted an interview. But it wasn't clear if since I hadn't received this "email" that I was rejected. I would be very sad if I didn't get an interview from Baylor...Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

abeanatrice said:
Does anyone know if Baylor sends out their interview requests in bulk? I called the MSTP office today and they asked me if I had gotten an interview offer from the med school. I said I hadn't heard a word, and they told me to wait until I hear from them and then a few days later I should get a request from the MSTP. So, then I called the med school and they said that my file had been reviewed and I would get an email if I was granted an interview. But it wasn't clear if since I hadn't received this "email" that I was rejected. I would be very sad if I didn't get an interview from Baylor...Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

they were very late on sending out interview invitation... last year I didn't hear anything from them until mid Feb. that was 4 months after my file was completed...

abeanatrice said:
Does anyone know if Baylor sends out their interview requests in bulk? I called the MSTP office today and they asked me if I had gotten an interview offer from the med school. I said I hadn't heard a word, and they told me to wait until I hear from them and then a few days later I should get a request from the MSTP. Thanks

I received my interview from the medical school in Sept and the MSTP shortly thereafter; then was accepted by Oct. 15. Maybe things have changed; when I applied, Baylor was not part of AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
In talking to Baylor MSTP interviewees from various dates, they appear to receive interview invitations approximately one month before the interview date, and I had the same experience. I received the MSTP invitation in the morning and the MD invitation late in the evening on the same day.

If the trend continues, then perhaps the next interview notification date will be on December 7 for the January 7 interview date. Good luck! :)

i don't recall there being any significant lag time between file completion and interview offer last year. the interview process itself at baylor, however, is very drawn out.